Saturday, June 9, 2007

Industrial Engineering Handbook - The Beginning

In a faculty forum, one of my colleagues, said that Dr. Narayana Rao is not anymore an industrial engineer, as his focus is now Stock market subjects. But as I have written an article suggesting a modification to IE definition and also came out with a curriculum to reflect the proposed definition, I made an announcement that I shall come out with a handbook on Industrial Engineering in collaboration with another colleague.

I was thinking of referring handbooks to correlate with the curriculum that I proposed and I did have a look at them. But after making this announcement, I went through the handbooks and posted the contents of them in my blog on industrial engineering www.kvssnrao-ind-engg.blogspot.com/. All three handbooks, Maynard, Salvendy and Grant & Grant have interesting themes and I felt my curriuculum is in line with the issues dealt with in those books only. But there is a need to bring all of them to one place with addiotional focus on some issues. Hence I am starting this blog to appeal to faculty, students and professional industrial engineers to contribute articles and papers and then initially post them in this blog. Subsequently I plan to apply for grant to government funding agencies and come out with an e-book hosted on NITIE website. The articles will be included in the e-book only after a peer review and required modifications. When a publisher is found the print edition will come out.

No comments: